HASTINGS HIGH SCHOOL
Office Phone: 269-948-4409
Locker Cleanout & Textbooks
- Students, trash cans are available in your hallways this week to start cleaning out your lockers.
Please be sure to do this before your last day of school! (If you find old textbooks to return, please be sure give those to the teacher or the office – do not throw textbooks in the trash or leave in your locker.) Thank you! (5/27)
After School Tutoring
- After School Tutoring is every day this week from 3:15-4:15pm. If you need to get caught up in your classes, please head down and get help! (5/20)
- This is the last week to get your May STRONG Tickets turned into the box in the office. On Friday, May 20, at 8:00 AM we will be drawing 5 winners for Amazon gift cards up to $75 in value. (5/20)
Final Exam Schedule
- Second Semester Final Exams are almost here! Click HERE to view the Final Exam Schedule for May 25-27. It is important for students to attend their scheduled exams. Parents, please try to plan accordingly with any outside appointments so your student does not miss their exams. (5/20)
- Be sure to order your Yearbook before the end of the school year! If you are unsure if you already ordered a book, contact Mrs. Kingma at firstname.lastname@example.org Books must be ordered by May 27. Order in-person with Mrs. Kingma in D205 or online at: www.jostensyearbooks.com (5/27)
- All yearbooks ordered for this year will be available for pickup around late August or early September. Mrs. Kingma will advertise the pickup location and schedule closer to that time. (5/27)
- Students who are interested in the Football or Volleyball programs for the 2022-2023 school year are reminded that Summer Workout and Camp Schedules are available for pick-up in the Athletic Department. (5/20)
- HHS Sideline Cheer try-outs for students who will be in grades 9-12 for the 2022-2023 school year will be held at Hastings High School on June 1st, and June 2nd, from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM. If you have questions please contact Coach Jacinto by email at email@example.com (5/27)
- The Varsity Baseball team lost a Double Header to Coldwater, 1-13 and 2-10. Leading hitters were Mason Denton with three hits, Carter Reil with two hits, and Harrison Smalley, Aiden Benson, and Tyler Morris each had a hit.
- The JV Baseball team lost a Double Header with Coldwater, losing game one 1-3, and game two, 0-7. Gavin Tinkler pitched a complete game in game one, striking out six with no earned runs. Chase Rathburn led the way with three hits on the day, followed by Spencer Beerman with two hits. Keegan Sutfin, Eastin Tibble, Brennan Sensiba, and Zach Byle each had a hit.
- The Saxon Girls JV Softball team split their double header against Coldwater last night. The ladies lost the first game but played well. Lead hitters were Madison Diekhoff, Rachael Hewitt, Brooklyn Fields, Liliana Fox, Ella Ferguson and Taylor Casey. The girls pulled through the second game winning 12-5. Rachael Hewitt helped the team with multiple strikeouts In the circle. The Lady Saxons worked hard on defense, holding the opponent back. The girls look forward to traveling to Marshall next Tuesday for their last game of the season.
- The JV Girls Soccer team played their last game of the season yesterday afternoon against Jackson Northwest. The Ladies finished the game with an 8-0 victory. The Saxons scored 7 goals in the first half, and sealed the shut-out in the second. Scoring for the Saxons were Jordan Winters with 1 goal, Jordan Milanowski with 2 goals, Alyson Miller with 1 goal, Bri Darling with 3 goals and 1 assist, and our Goalkeeper, Kaitlynn Orvis, scored 1 goal as well. The Girls finish their season with a 9-1-2 record.
- The Varsity Girls Soccer team finished off the I-8 Conference season last night winning the Conference Tournament Silver Division in a match against Jackson Northwest. Northwest scored first with a goal midway through the first half. The Saxons came right back to even the score and take the tie into the half. The Saxons were first on the board in the second half, taking a 2-1 lead. Late in the second, Northwest found the net to even the score. The Saxons continued to pressure the Mounties defense and ended up getting a late goal taking a 3-2 victory over Northwest. Scoring for the Saxons were Lauren Lamphere with 2 goals, and Bri Barnes with one. Dekota Blough had 11 saves in net for the Saxons. The Lady Saxons will take on Dansville next Monday evening on the road, before moving to District play on Tuesday.
Clubs & Organizations
- Join the Interact Club! Interact Student Members serve their school and community. Opportunities include assisting Rotary with various community service projects, attending weekly Rotary meetings, conducting a Rotary meeting, and sponsoring families at Christmas. If you are interested in being part of the Interact Club, join Superintendent Goebel for a Pizza Lunch on Tuesday, May 24. Please RSVP to Mrs. Erb by Friday, May 20. (5/20)
- Next year Link Leaders: We are having our first Link activity Friday May 20 in the Aux Gym from 1-3pm. You will get to have fun with your group of Link Leaders and find out who your partner will be for the year. Check your student email for more information or ask Ms. Herbert if you have any questions. (5/20)
Scholarship information is available in the class newsletters that are emailed by the counseling department.
- YMCA of Barry County is hiring for their summer Y On The Fly Program! Must be 18 years old and able to drive a van. SUMMER: Monday-Friday 8:30 am-4:30 pm. Flexible schedule. Contact Gina McMahon via email or 269-945-4574.
- Community Action- Head Start Preschool in Hastings is seeking candidates who are interested in Early Childhood Education. Entry-level job openings that include a $500 sign on bonus are available as well as tuition assistance. This is a great opportunity for anyone who enjoys working with children and in social services. Click HERE for more info! Employment Application can be found online at:
- Seniors, are you looking to step directly into the workforce after graduation next week, but not sure where to start looking? Dig-It, Inc. a leading company in directional drilling, is hiring! If you're looking to learn a trade with on the job training, enjoy working outside, and are interested in earning a great income, then check out a position with Dig-It, Inc. As long as you are 18 or older you can apply today and upon hiring you'll start out at $24 per hour with tons of room for growth not only in your position but also in your income, while also receiving benefits such as health insurance, paid time off and a retirement plan, just to name a few. Check out more about this great opportunity and apply online at https://digitinc.com/?fbclid=IwAR008NsK0AFD_NdKLgZervQkRf4sx_XxTQ_1-ZmvU5PZw2Bd2FvtsDINLLg#career
- The Senior secret overnight Graduation Party is quickly approaching! Senior parents are selling tickets at graduation practice on Wednesday May 25 for any last-minute tickets and collecting waivers. Tickets are $40.00 each, with a waiver that has to be signed and returned if you are 17 years old (or if 18 you can sign at the time of the ticket purchase). They MUST have the waiver for anyone to attend. Waivers can be turned in to parents selling the tickets, or to the office.
You won't want to miss the exciting night they have planned. Students needing assistance paying for their ticket may see Mrs. Collins in the office. (5/25)
- To kick off their Summer Reading Program, Hastings Public Library is inviting anyone grades 6-12 to participate in their Nailed It! Competition. On June 9 at 1pm at Thornapple Plaza, teams of two students will attempt to recreate an expertly decorated cake to win prizes. Spots are limited, so register asap. Check hastingspubliclibrary.org for more information and to register. Participants do not have to live in Hastings or have a library card to participate. (5/26)
- May 19 – Job Fair & Career Expo 1:00-3:00
- May 20 – Graduating Seniors Last Day (Seniors needing more time have May 23-27 to earn passing grades)
- May 23-27 – Final Exam Week
- May 25 – Senior Graduation Practice
- May 25 – Senior Honors Night
- May 26 – Graduation
- May 27 – Last Day of School / Half day / Dismiss at 11:15 for Summer Break
Bus Forms need to be submitted for
EACH CHILD by June 3, 2022!
Bus Forms can be found here: