HASTINGS HIGH SCHOOL
Office Phone: 269-948-4409
Announcements and Updates
- Be sure to view the Hastings High School website each day (https://hs.hassk12.org/) for our Daily Announcements. Announcements will usually be posted on the website by 10:00 AM each morning.
- Y MENTORS: Please follow your usual schedule today when it comes to lunch. During your connection class, head down to the main office and we will walk to the CERC together for our mentor meeting.
- Mrs. Flessner's honors chemistry students need to check google classroom for important information.
- Beep! Beep! In this country, law indicates we drive on the right side of the road, and not block traffic. If you need to stop, pull over to the side of the road. Etiquette and common courtesy indicates we follow those same rules in the hallways and sidewalks. Please walk on the right side of the halls, and don't block traffic, and everyone will get where they are going faster, and safer. Thank You!
- Follow our Hastings High School Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/pg/HastingsHighSchoolMI/
- The Homecoming Week Schedule and Activities Information can be found here: https://hhshomecoming2022.my.canva.site/
- The numbers are in and your 2022 Homecoming court has been determined. The members selected by the senior class were: Grace Curtis, Bailey Cook, Erin Daniels, Valentina Arias-Franco, Macy Winegar, Layton Eastman, Jack Kensington, Kearan Tolles, Pedro Cobelo Barriero, Nathan Kohmescher
- Dance tickets will be on sale at all three lunches. They will be $15 each. Guests must be between 9th grade and 20 years of age. If your guest is from outside of Hastings you will need to have a guest permission form submitted prior to 10/6/22, the forms can be found at the ticket sales table. If you need assistance paying for tickets, please see Mrs. Heaton or Mrs. Erb in Student Services. Come join us for a spooktacular time. (10/7)
- Join BPA and Prepare for an Incredible Future! Students that join Business Professionals of America have the opportunity to enhance their knowledge and prepare for a career in today’s ever-evolving business climate. Through an assortment of engaging learning tracks that make up the core of our organization, we can help you lay the foundation for the next stage in your life! Competitions in Business Administration, Finance & Accounting, Information Technology, Video Production, Human Resources, Computer Programming, Graphic & Web Design, Small Business Entrepreneurship. We are still accepting new members through October 31st! See Mr. Carl (B-108) or Mr. Erb (B-106) for more details.
- NHS Applications have been sent out and require four different teachers as references. The due date for all references are due Monday, October 10th by 3:15pm. (10/10)
Senior Class Party
- Cornhole Tournament - Oct. 2nd. The Parents of the Senior Class Party are hosting a Cornhole Tournament Fundraiser on Oct. 2nd at Yankee Bill's. Registration begins at 11:30 with the tournament starting at noon. Cost is $60 per team and all proceeds support the Senior Class Party 2023. Sign up is very easy; just download the app, create a pool profile and join the tournament! If you have any questions please feel free to contact [email protected] or Shannon Stafford at [email protected]
- Reminder - Senior Class Party Meetings are held the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 6:30 at the Cerc. Please join us! (9/30)
COLLEGE REP VISITS
- Michigan Tech University will be here Thursday, September 29th, at 9 AM. Sign up in your Naviance account by Wednesday Morning, September 28th, to attend this in-person meeting and receive more information. (9/28)
- The United States Marine Corps, will be hosting an in-person visit on Thursday September 29th at 2:09 PM. Interested students need to sign up through Naviance by Wednesday September 28th. (9/28)
- Students interested in learning more about the United States Coast Guard, may attend the 2 PM, in person visit on September 30th. Sign up in your Naviance account by Thursday September 29th to reserve a seat. (9/29)
- The High School Marching Band competed at the Otsego Invitational on Saturday, Sept. 24. Hastings won all Caption Awards, Best Color Guard, Best Percussion, Best Marching, Best Music and took 1st Place by 10 points with a score of 94.8; out scoring all of the Class A Bands and almost tying the Class AA Band that took Grand Champion. Our next competition isn't for 2 weeks, but we are hosting the 31st Annual Hastings Invitational this Saturday, October 1. 25 High School Bands are traveling to Hastings to compete at our show. Hastings will perform in exhibition at 8:30pm.
- The Athletic Booster Sub Sale pick-up will be on Tuesday, October 4, from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM, in the High School Cafeteria. If you are unable to pick up your order during this time, you must make arrangements for someone to pick it up for you. (10/4)
- On Saturday, the boys tennis team competed in the Wayland Quad. After a nice warm up of pushing squeegees around wet courts, the team played hours of brilliant and exciting tennis. Caleb Borton took home a win in an epic first round, playing for 93 minutes and finding ways to stay focused during long rallies. The first doubles team of Joe Goggins and Hayden Long lost a close match. Their serves and forehands were on-point, but Plainwell managed to just edge them out. The second doubles team of Evan Porter and Anderson Forell found themselves in many long rallies that were thrilling to watch. And singles players Heath Hays and Keegan Lindsey left no corner of the courts uncovered, with Keegan almost winning his match against Plainwell. Down 5-0, Keegan fought back to a tie at 7-7, but wasn't able to get that final game. Great job Saxons!
- To view current Sports Schedules, visit our website or click here: https://hastingshighschool.bigteams.com/main/calendar
- Wednesday 9/28: Boys Varsity Tennis at Home, Girls Freshman, JV, and Varsity Volleyball at Home
- Thursday 9/29: Girls Varsity Golf away at Cedar Creek, Boys Freshman and JV Football away at Marshall, Boys JV and Varsity Soccer away at Northwest, Girls Varsity Swimming at Home
- Friday 9/30: Boys Varsity Tennis away at I-8 Finals, Boys Varsity Football at Home
- Saturday 10/1: Girls Varsity Swimming away at Ottawa Hills, Girls Varsity Volleyball away at Lakeview, Boys JV and Varsity Soccer away at Lowell, Boys and Girls Varsity Cross Country away at Otsego
- Monday 10/3: Boys Varsity Tennis away at Lakewood
- Tuesday 10/4: Boys Varsity Tennis at Home, Boys JV and Varsity Soccer at Home, Girls Freshman, JV, and Varsity Volleyball at Home, Boys and Girls Cross Country away at Lumen Christi, Girls Varsity Swimming away at Williamston
- Oct. 1 – Hastings Marching Band Invitational
- Oct. 5 – Count Day
- Oct. 5 – Powder Puff Football Game
- Oct. 7 – Homecoming Football Game
- Oct. 8 – Homecoming Dance
- Oct. 9 – Fall Band Concert
- Oct. 2-8 – Homecoming Week
- Oct. 11 – Band Festival in East Kentwood
- Oct. 11 – College Night (6:00-7:30)
- Oct. 15 – Band Festival in DeWitt
- Oct. 16 – Fall Choir Concert
- Oct. 19 – Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Oct. 21,24 – No School (Fall Break)
- Oct. 23-28 – Red Ribbon Week
- Oct. 25 – 11th Grade PSAT/NMSQT (entire grade)
- Oct. 25-28 – FFA National Convention
- Oct. 31 – Half day of school (dismiss at 11:15 am)