HASTINGS HIGH SCHOOL
Office Phone: 269-948-4409
Senior Cap & Gown Orders
- Attention Seniors: For those of you that still need to order your Cap & Gown for graduation, you can purchase online at www.jostens.com. The group order deadline is next week, October 22. Please place your order by then to help ensure that you receive your cap and gown on time for graduation and to avoid any late fees. Please see Mrs. Erb if you have questions! (Paper packets are also available from Mrs. Erb in the office.) (10/22)
Click HERE to view various packages.
For the basic cap and gown unit, click HERE.
- If you need assistance paying for your cap and gown, please contact Mrs. Collins in Student Services.
- If you are borrowing a cap and gown from a prior HHS Graduate, you will still need to order a ’22 Tassel and Medallion. Please contact Mrs. Erb to let her know if you are borrowing a cap and gown. Thank you!
Clubs & Organizations
- The next Key Club meeting will be on Wednesday, October 27, at 7:20 am in the library. We will be planning our Trick-or-Treating event to raise money for UNICEF. All are welcome! (10/26)
- Attention HHS YIG Delegation. There will be a short organizational meeting on Sunday, October 24, from 1:00-2:00 in Ms. Putnam's room. If you have any questions, email Ms. Putnam. (10/22)
SWIM & DIVE
- The girls' Swim Team from Wayland Union High School defeated the girls Team from the Delton Kellogg-Thornapple Kellogg-Hastings Co-op at the Annual Cancer Awareness Meet last night. However, despite the defeat, several of the DK-TK-Hastings girls got their best times and scores, and taking first places in the meet were Holly Carpenter, Abigail Dumond, Preslee Hall, and Abby and Sophia Marcukaitis. The last HOME meet for the girls will be against the team from Charlotte High School at 6;00 p.m. on Thursday, October 28 at the Hastings Community Education and Recreation Center.
- All JUNIORS, both in-person and virtual, will take the PSAT/NMSQT on Tuesday, Oct. 26. Exam locations will be hung on posters in the halls closer to the testing date. Bring #2 pencils (no mechanical pencils) and a calculator. All bags and phones should be left in your locker. (10/25)
- Any 10th graders who signed up to take the PSAT/NMSQT on Tuesday, Oct. 26, will be testing with the junior class. Testing locations will be hung on posters in the halls closer to the test date. Bring #2 pencils (no mechanical pencils) and a calculator. All bags and phones should be left in your locker. (10/25)
IN-PERSON COLLEGE REP VISIT
Monday, Oct. 25, 8 a.m. – Olivet College
Monday, Oct. 25, 10:10 a.m. – Western Michigan University
Wednesday, Oct. 27, 9 a.m. – Michigan Technological University
Wednesday, Oct. 27, 10:40 a.m. – Kalamazoo Valley Community College
Thursday, Oct. 28, 12:55 p.m. – Adrian College
COLLEGE CAMPUS VISITS
HHS will be taking interested students on college campus visits this year! Our first scheduled visits are:
Wednesday, Nov. 3 – Western Michigan University
See Ms. Baneck for more information and to sign up for one of the visits.
(Scholarships will be listed on announcements for two weeks. The information is also available in the class newsletters that are sent home by the counseling department.)
- Oct. 18-26 – Window for Parent/Teacher Conferences (virtually this year)
- Oct. 26 – PSAT/NMSQT for ALL 11th graders (entire grade), and for interested 10th graders
- Oct. 29 – Half day of school (dismiss at 11:15 am)
- Nov. 1-5 – Virtual “Discover Manufacturing”
- Nov. 3 – NHS Induction Ceremony
- Nov. 8-12 – In-Person “Discover Manufacturing”
- Nov. 9 – Choir attends MSU Vocal Cabaret
- Nov. 11 – Drumline at Detroit Red Wings