HASTINGS HIGH SCHOOL
Office Phone: 269-948-4409
This Thursday, March 30 is a half day of school and the high school will dismiss at 11:15. There is no school on Friday, March 31. Enjoy your Spring Break! School resumes on Monday, April 10.
Senior Cap & Gown Order FINAL DEADLINE
- Seniors, if you have NOT ordered your cap & gown yet, you need to do so ASAP!
Please use the link below to order online or call 1-800-JOSTENS. All cap and gown orders must be placed by April 1 to ensure you will have your items in time for gradation. If you are borrowing a cap and gown you still need to order a tassel and medallion. If you have any questions on ordering, see Mrs. Peake in the office. (3/30)
Links to order:
Lost and Found
There are several items on the Lost and Found table outside of the main office. If you are missing something, please check this table before we leave for Spring Break! Any remaining items may be donated to Goodwill. Thank you! (3/30)
DEADLINE for Senior Pictures
The deadline for turning senior pictures in for the yearbook has come and gone. If you have not submitted your portrait, contact Mrs. Kingma immediately.
Graduation and Senior Honors Night Photos
Parents and Guardians of Seniors- Rose Hendershot with Photographic Memory will be offering Graduation and Senior Honors Night Photos. CLICK HERE to view the flyer. Paper copies of flyers are available in the front office. If you want graduation or honors night photos it is important to fill one out and mail to Rose so that she can be sure to photograph your senior. You or your senior can pick up a flyer in the office or contact Mrs. Peake at [email protected] or 269-945-6162 to have a flyer mailed to you.
Senior Boys Luncheon RSVP Deadline
ALL 2023 Senior Boys: Be sure to sign up for Senior Boys Luncheon hosted by Hastings Rotary Club on Monday, April 24, at the Walldorff Bistro. Your RSVP forms are due to Mrs. Peake in the office by 3 PM on Monday, April 10 (the day we return from Spring Break). Contact Mrs. Peake in the office with questions. (3/30)
Senor Girls Tea RSVP Deadline
ALL 2023 Senior Girls: You’re invited to attend the Senior Girls Tea hosted by the GFWC-Hastings Women’s Club on Tuesday, April 25, featuring a dessert buffet. Please be sure to submit your RSVP to Mrs. Peake in the office by
3 PM on Monday, April 10 (the day we return from Spring Break). Contact Mrs. Peake in the office with questions. (3/30)
Mark your calendars! TESTING (for in-person and virtual students) begins after we return from Spring Break. It is important for your student to attend their scheduled testing days. Parents, please try to plan accordingly with any outside appointments so your student does not miss their testing session(s). Thank you for your support with this state mandate.
Wednesday, April 12
- 11thgrade SAT –Students should arrive not later than 7:55 am as testing begins at 8 am sharp. Students will have a lunch break around 11:45 am and testing will resume immediately after. This testing session should be completed by approximately 1:30 pm. Students will then be dismissed to 36-minute class sessions for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd hours through the remainder of the school day.
- 10thgrade PSAT – Sophomores should arrive no later than 7:55 am as testing begins at 8 am sharp. This testing session should be completed by approximately 11:30 am. Students will attend a lunch period and then move onto shortened 1st, 2nd, and 3rd hours through the remainder of the school day.
- 9thgrade – Freshman will not have testing today. While 10th & 11th graders test, 9th graders will engage in a career exploration activity in the HPAC beginning at 8 am. Students will attend a lunch period at 10:55 am and then move onto shortened 1st, 2nd, and 3rd hours through the remainder of the school day.
Thursday, April 13
- 11thgrade SAT –Students should arrive not later than 7:55 am as testing begins at 8 am sharp. Students will have a lunch break around 11:30 am and testing will resume immediately after. The afternoon testing session on Thursday will not be completed until 3:00 pm.
- 10thgrade– Sophomores will not have testing today. While 9th & 11th graders test, 10th graders will engage in a career exploration activity in the HPAC beginning at 8 am. Students will attend a lunch period at 11 am and then move onto shortened 4th, 5th, and 6th hours through the remainder of the school day.
- 9thgrade PSAT – Freshman should arrive not later than 7:55 am as testing begins at 8 am sharp. This testing session should be completed by approximately 11:45 am. Students will attend a lunch period and then move onto shortened 4th, 5th, and 6th hours through the remainder of the school day.
Both testing days, Seniors are encouraged to attend HHS and will be joining 9th and 10th graders in the HPAC for the career exploration activities, a lunch period, followed by a shortened 1st, 2nd and 3rd hours on Wednesday afternoon and a shortened 3rd, 4th, and 5th hours on Thursday afternoon. Any families that wish to dismiss their student from a non-testing day should contact the high school attendance line no later than April 11.
Scholarships & College Award Offers
- Seniors, if you are receiving Scholarships or Financial Aid Award Letters from colleges, please be sure to fill out the Scholarship Google Form- https://forms.gle/AewYDWQuZrCSc1Jt5 . Also, please reach out to Ms. Tolles to help you better understand the total cost of attendance and to compare letters to make the best choice! (3/30)
- The HPS Woody Wyngarden Scholarship application is now available. This $1,500 award is presented to a graduating senior pursuing a degree in health care or education with a minimum 2.75 GPA. You can grab a QR code from the scholarship bulletin board or a paper copy from the office. Applications are due to Ms. Tolles no later than Friday April 14th at 3 pm. (4/13)
- Seniors, the Local Scholarship Application is now open! Be sure to take advantage of this opportunity! Application can be found using the link below. Once in the document, click on the blue hyperlink that says "CLICK TO APPLY" in order to open the application. If you haven't created a Going Merry account, you will need to do that first. Please see Ms. Tolles if you need assistance with this. *The application deadline is Friday, April 14.* (4/14)
Click Here to view:
- Seniors, the Hastings Athletic Boosters Scholarship application is open online! Eligible students include any student-athlete who participates (or is a team manager) in at least one sport three of their four years of high school. Applications should be submitted using their online application at:
2023 Hastings Athletic Boosters Student Scholarship (cognitoforms.com)
Deadline is Monday, April 17 – no exceptions. (4/17)
- To view current Sports Schedules, visit our website or click here: https://hastingshighschool.bigteams.com/main/calendar
The Saxon Softball teams each faced off against Plainwell on Tuesday afternoon.
In game one, the Saxons fell in a tough battle 11-10. Maddie Diekhoff, Kaylee Dahms, and Rachael Hewitt all had 2 hits. Diekhoff had an inside-the-park Homerun in the bottom of the 4th to keep the Saxons close. Dahms pitched 4 strong innings for the Saxons.
In game two, the Saxons had a great showing on a beautiful March evening but fell to the Plainwell Trojans. Good defensive play was led by Gabby Rodriguez and Anna Rose. Sophia Greenfield showed strong resolve in the circle, registering 3 Strikeouts in 2 innings. Annemarie Allerding led the Saxon offense, going 1-1 with an RBI and run scored.
Students who plan to play football in the 2023-2024 school year should stop by the athletic office and pick up a summer workout schedule. (4/14)
Fundraiser for BPA
Make your meal matter! Have dinner at your Hastings Culver’s on Tuesday, April 4 from 5:00-8:00 pm and 10% of all sales will be donated to the Hastings High School Business Professionals of America.
Prom- Save the Date!
Juniors and Seniors- Mark your calendars! Prom will be on May 13th at the Battle Creek Federal Center. Keep an eye out for additional information as the date gets closer.
Senior Class Party Tickets will be sold during lunch every Tuesday starting after spring break. Ticket cost is $20. Financial help with ticket cost is available if needed. We have lots of prizes and events lined up for the party so don't miss out!
*PHHSSP is non-profit organization not affiliated with the Hastings Area School System
Family Workshop Series
Click HERE to view the parenting programs offered by the Family Support Center of Barry County. (4/19)
- Mar. 30 – Half Day of School/ Dismiss at 11:15 for Spring Break
- Mar. 31-Apr. 7 – Spring Break
- Apr. 10 – School Resumes
- Apr. 12 – SAT & PSAT
- Apr. 13 – ACT WorkKeys & MME
- Apr. 24 – Senior Boys Rotary Luncheon
- Apr. 25 – Senior Girls Tea
- Apr 26-30 – BPA National Leadership Conference
- Apr. 27-30 – Jazz Festival
- May 1-11 – AP Testing
Website: https://hs.hassk12.org/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/HastingsHighSchoolMI/